Quote DIN on Detailed Communication with Tax Payer – Kerala GST
Office of the Commissioner of State Tax State merchandise and Services Tax Department, Kerala, Tax Towers, Karamana, Thiruvananthapuram ram Dt.: // 04/08/2020// CIRCULAR No. 8/2020 Subject: Generation and quoting of Document number (DIN) on any communication issued by the officers of the State merchandise and Services Tax Department to taxpayers and alternative involved persons- reg. 1. In keeping with the Government’s objectives of transparency and answerability in tax administration through the widespread use of data technology, the State GST department is implementing a system for electronic (digital) generation of a Document number (DIN) for all communications sent by its offices to taxpayers and alternative involved persons. Generation of DIN is supposed for digitalizing the offline communications sent from the department to taxpayers/other involved persons. It ensures transparency and answerability in tax administration. The DIN details shall be hooked up to all or any communications sent from the offices. The taxpayers will verify the legitimacy and genuineness of the document received by looking at DIN within the division website.
The DIN contains 19 characters. The structure of DIN is as below; DIN320820200000001
1 DIN- Stands for sort DIN
The 00000011-Running serial range within the offices.
2. The Commissioner in the exercise of its power underneath section 168 of the Kerala State product and Services Tax Act, 2017 directs that no search authorization, summons, arrest memorandum, review notices, and letters are issued within the course of any inquiry shall be issued by any officer or by any persons utilized within the implementation of the Act while not a computer-generated Document Identification range (DIN) being punctually quoted conspicuously within the body of such communication. the power to come up with DIN is provided within the officer login page of the GST rear module.
3. Whereas DIN may be a necessary demand, in exceptional circumstances communications could also be issued while not an automotive vehicle-generated DIN. However, this exception is to be created solely once recording the explanations in writing within the involved file. Also, such communication shall expressly state that it’s been issued while not a DIN. The exigent things within which communication could also be issued while not the electronically generated DIN area unit are as follows:-
(i) Once there are technical difficulties in generating the electronic DIN, or
(ii) once communication relating to investigation/inquiry, verification, etc. is needed to be issued at short notice or in imperative things, and also the licensed workplace is outside the office within the discharge of his official duties.
Further, with reference to notices orders and communications statutorily issued through the GST backend system by the SGST officers and that is meant to be communicated to the Tax money handler through the GSTN Portal Generation of DIN is exempted. But, this exemption shall not be obtainable to any such communication issued manually, under any circumstances.
4. Any such communication that doesn’t bear the electronically generated DIN and isn’t lined by the exceptions mentioned in para three on top of, shall be treated as invalid and shall be deemed to possess ne’er been issued.
5 Any communication issued while not an electronically generated DIN within the exigencies mentioned in para three on top shall be regularised among 15 operating days of its supply, by:
(i) Getting the post-facto approval of the immediate superior officer as regards the justification of supplying the communication while not the electronically generated DIN;
(ii) Obligatorily electronically generating the DIN when post facto approval; and
(iii) Printing the electronically generated Pro-forma bearing the DIN and filing it within the involved file.
6. So as to implement this new facility of electronically generating the DIN, all superior officers shall make sure that all their licensed officers who got to electronically generate the DIN are forthwith mapped as users within the System and are familiar with the method for auto-generating a DIN. The User Manual shows the generation of DIN is hooked up.
7. The electronic generation of DIN and its use in official communications to taxpayers and alternative involved persons may be a transformative initiative. it’s reiterated that any such document that’s issued while not the electronically generated DIN shall be treated as invalid and shall be deemed to possess ne’er been issued. Therefore, it’s incumbent upon all officers involved to strictly adhere to those directions.
Recipients of the communication will verify the DIN on the website of the Kerala State GST Department web.keralataxes.gov.in within the link provided for the aim.
Encl: User Manual
DIN (Document Identification Number)
1 What s DIN (Document Identification Number)
2. DIN generation
3. DIN Verification by taxpayers
1. DIN (Document identification number)
DIN stands for Document Identification variety. it’s a novel variety generated digitally in AN alpha numeric code.
Generation of DIN is supposed for digitalizing the offline communications sent from the department to taxpayers/other involved persons. It ensures transparency and responsibility in tax administration. The DIN details shall be hooked up to any or all the communications sent from the offices. The taxpayers will verify the legitimacy and genuineness of the document received by looking out for DIN within the division website.
The DIN contains 19 characters. The structure of DIN is as below;
DIN- Stands for type DIN
00000011-Running serial variety
2. DIN Generation
The ability to come up with DIN is provided within the officer login page on the GST side as shown below. Click “DIN Generation–Generate DIN”
The following window is displayed. Select! Type class of document like Notice!Order! letter! summons! others etc. Enter all alternative details needed within the page. transfer document in pdf. Then click “Submit”.
The officer can check out the List of DIN generated by him, by clicking the button “List Generated DINs” as shown below;
The List of DINs generated by the officer will be shown below;
By clicking the pdf/print symbols in the Action column, the officer can view/Print the respective DIN details. By clicking the Actions (View/Print), the following window will be shown.
The officer can print the DIN details, by clicking the “Print” symbol as shown in the above picture.
3. DIN Verification by taxpayers
The facility to verify and check the DIN is accessible on the departmental website www.keralataxes.gov.in. On clicking the link for DIN verification given on the website, the following window will be displayed.
Then click “View Details”. The details will be shown below and the taxpayer can thus ensure the authenticity of the document.