Permanent Account Number (PAN) Card is a Ten digit Account number that is issued to Indian citizens, minors, or even to NRIs, by Income Tax Department. This document was made compulsory to file returns, and to make sure that individuals or business firms pay timely taxes.
PAN is used as valid proof in India, and whether one needs to file a return, buy or sell property, open a bank account, or apply for a loan. One will definitely need PAN Card.
Now, to avoid the hustle of government lines and offices, the government has made it simple for its citizens, where we can apply for our PAN Cards online. Below, we will discuss steps to apply PAN online, and the beneath steps are for the “Individual” category only via NSDL Website.
Fill Pan Card Application / Apply Pan Card Online Youself
- Open your web browser and type NSDL PAN Card or click on the link. Choose the option PAN application – NSDL.
- Once the page is opened, you are asked to fill in some details, such as:
- Application Type- here, you need to select “ New PAN – Indian Citizen (Form 49A”).
- Category- You will have to select “Individual” in it Title, Name, Date of Birth, E-Mail Id, Mobile Number
Once you have submitted the form, you get a Thankyou message with a Token Id. one needs to remember this id, as it helps in logging in again.
Continue with PAN Application form
Once you select “Continue with PAN Application form” you are asked with other three options which includes
- Aadhaar based e-KYC
- Submission of physical form and documents after online data entry
- Scanned based- Aadhaar based e-Sign
- Here, you will select the first option, which says Aadhaar based e-KYC, as by selecting this, you will not need to submit any other document or upload them. All your details mentioned in Aadhaar like (Name, DOB, Gender, Address, photograph, mobile number, and E-Mail Id) and documents there will be shared with the Income Tax department.
- Below, on this page, you are asked that whether you need your PAN Card delivered to your home? You need to Answer it YES.
- In the next option type 4 digits of your Aadhaar card
- Click YES when they ask if the photograph is available on your Aadhaar card
- When you come down to this page, you will see all your personal information displayed there, do cross-check them.
- In the next option, you will be asked that whether you have ever changed your name? Click on YES or NO accordingly.
- Later on, on this page, you are asked to fill Name of Parents. Fill in the details correctly. And, choose the option among Mother or Father whose name would you like to be displayed on your PAN Card.
- Click on the option NEXT
This brings you to the next page, where you are asked about the source of Income. Whatever is your source of income you need to select the correct option.
- Next, you are asked the Address for communication where you need to click on the Residence option because the residence address mentioned in your Aadhaar card will be selected, as default here, and you will get your PAN Card delivered to the same address.
- Your next, details are filled in automatically. Click on NEXT.
- Here on this page, you are asked, to fill AO Code (Assessing officer code). Firstly choose one option among: Indian citizen, NRI and Foreign Citizen, Defense employees, Government category
- Once you select one from four, in the next step select your State and city.
- Now, you will find a list of AO codes all you need to do is select the category that suits you the best, but if you don’t know your category contact your Charted Accountant for your details because it is important to fill in true and correct details here. And, once you fill in the correct AO Code, all other information will be auto-filled.
- Click on the option NEXT.
- In the next drop-down menu, you are asked to select the documents which you will provide for your PAN Card, but as you have selected Aadhaar KYC, all 3 categories will be auto-filled with an Aadhaar card.
- Next, the option asks for Declaration to select himself/herself
- Another option asks for the name of the city do mention that
- Fill up the Date section too with the present-day date
- Lastly, click on SUBMIT
- On this page, you will be asked, the first eight digits of your Aadhaar Card, once you fill it, other options are automatically filled before you. You need to cross-check all of them.
- After you are done with cross-checking click on PROCEED.
- Here, you are automatically redirected, to the payment page. There are various net banking options available these days, you can pay through any mode select any one among them and, You will be asked to pay around Rs. 120. After your payment is successfully done click on the option CONTINUE.
- Once, the payment is done, you will be asked to Authenticate.
- Now, you need to continue with e-KYC
- You will now receive an OTP in your phone number, put the OTP on the page displayed before you, and click SUBMIT.
- You will also get an e-mail from NSDL after you complete its short verification on the next page.
Thus, this completes the whole procedure to apply for PAN Card online. They will send you your PAN Card in 7 to 10 working days. This process is a simple and easy way that keeps you away from standing in long lines in government offices and will make your work more efficient and hustle-free.