The Oasis Scholarship has been launched by the Department of tribal development and the backward classes welfare department of the West Bengal State Government for the students of backward classes.
The Online Application for Scholarship in Studies (OASIS) is aimed to provide the students from Scheduled Tribe, Scheduled Caste and OBC categories a scholarship based on merit. All students upto PG are eligible to apply for this including those who have registered for West Bengal employment bank, but they need to be a student of the applicable course.
The OASIS scholarship is available only in the state of West Bengal and can be applied for at online portal of the West Bengal state government. This scheme has brought up by the government to support the students in their future education and encourage those with humble financial backgrounds to study further.
The scholarship can be applied for by any student from the state of West Bengal via the portal. Also, they will need to attach the required d
|Name of the Scheme||OASIS|
|Applicable for||SC, ST and OBC students (based on merit)|
|Mode of application||Online only|
Here we will provide you with the complete details for the Online Application for Scholarship in Studies (OASIS) including the various categories and a guide on how to apply.
Documents required for OASIS scholarship
Every student willing to apply for the OASIS scholarship scheme must be in possession of the following documents:
- Passport size photograph
- Caste Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Qualifying exams marksheet
- Government ID proof
- Bank passbook photocopy
- Residential Proof
OASIS Scholarship categories
There are different categories to apply for the OASIS scholarship scheme and it must be clear to anyone willing to apply. The categories are as listed below:
- Pre-matric scholarship for SC/ST students
- Post-matric scholarship for SC, ST and OBC students
Eligibility Criterion for OASIS Scholarship
To avail the OASIS scholarship students will firstly need to check the eligibility criteria. So here we have listed the various requirements a student needs to fulfill to be able to apply for the scheme.
NOTE: The student must be a resident of West Bengal.
Eligibility for pre-matric OASIS scholarship
The students willing to apply for the OASIS scholarship pre-matric need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Student must belong to SC or ST communities
- Students of class IX and X only are applicable
- The annual income of the family must be less than Rs.2 lakh
Eligibility for post-matric OASIS scholarship
The students willing to apply for the OASIS scholarship post-matric need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Student must belong to SC, ST or OBC communities
- Students of class XI and PG can apply
- The annual family income of SC/ST students must be less than Rs 2.5 lakh
- The annual family income of OBC students must be less than Rs 1 lakh
Rewards offered in the OASIS scholarship
The students applying for the OASIS scholarship will receive some amount as a reward based on their rank in the merit list. Both the day scholars and hostel resident students will get a direct benefit from the scheme.
Rewards for pre-matric students via OASIS scholarship
The amount received as a reward will be directly deposited to the student’s bank account every month and the amount varies for every OASIS scheme.
- Day scholars will receive Rs. 150 and hostel residents will get Rs. 750
- Day scholars will receive Rs.750 and hostel residents will get Rs. 1000 as an Ad Hoc grant
Rewards for post-matric SC/ST students via OASIS scholarship
The post matric students will receive some extra amount varying with the class they are studying in and which community they belong to.
- Day scholar graduate students get Rs. 550 as monthly maintenance
- Day scholar school students get Rs. 230 as a monthly allowance
- B.Pharm, LLB, B.Sc day scholar students get Rs. 530 as monthly allowance
- Hostel residents studying in Medical, Engineering, B.Sc and LLM will get Rs. 1200 as a monthly allowance
- Hostel resident students of LLB, B.Pharm and B.Sc (Nursing) will get Rs. 820 per month
- Other students of regular courses will get Rs. 750 per month
Rewards for post-matric OBC students
Students belonging to the OBC communities and applying for OASIS scholarship will get the following rewards:
- Day scholar students of Medical, engineering, Ph.D and LLM receive Rs. 350/month
- Day scholar students of B.Pharm, LLB, B.Sc and PG courses receive Rs.335/month
- Students of other graduate courses will receive Rs. 210/month
- Hosteller students of Medical, engineering, Ph.D and LLM receive Rs. 750/month
- Hosteller students of B.Pharm, LLB, B.Sc and PG courses receive Rs. 510/month
- Students of XI, XII and polytechnic get Rs. 260 per month
How to register for OASIS scholarship
It is quite easy to apply for the OASIS scholarship whether pre matric or post matric. Applications are accepted and processed in online mode through the official website. The following steps can be followed to apply for the same:
- Go to the official website (oasis.gov.in) and select the Student Registration option
- Click on the district you belong to
- Enter the required details as given in school records and click on the submit button
- You have now completed the registration process and your Student ID has been created on the website. Take note of your login credentials as this will be needed to log in in the future
How to login to the OASIS portal
Students will firstly need to register on the portal and after successful registration they can login using their User ID and Password by following the steps listed below:
- Visit the official website (oasis.gov.in)
- Click on Registered Student Login option
- Enter the required details on the web page
- Click on the Login button
- Once your credentials are verified you will successfully be logged in and you can now check if the details that you have submitted are correct or not
How to apply for OASIS Scholarship
After registering yourself on the portal you can follow the below given process to apply for any desired scholarship.
- Visit the official website (oasis.gov.in)
- Login by clicking on Registered Student Login and then enter your login credentials
- Click on the Apply button
- Enter your details in the application form as per the school records
- Click on Save and Proceed and check the details you have submitted
- Once you are sure about your details click on Verify and Lock
- Once the details are locked you can download the Application Form and attach it along with the documents supporting your application. This set of documents will need to be sent to the Block Development Officer for further processing
Process to renew OASIS Scholarship
If you have registered on the online OASIS portal and availed any scholarship and want to renew it then you can follow the below steps:
- Go to the official website (oasis.gov.in)
- Click on Renew Scholarship and enter your login credentials
- The application that had applied previously will be loaded on your screen
- Modify it as per requirement and click on Renew Application
- Once you verify the details, click on Renew and Lock Application to proceed
- The renewal application has been successfully submitted and you can download the application form, get it printed and send it to the Block Development Officer along with other supporting documents
How to check OASIS Scholarship status
The status of OASIS scholarship application can be checked by the applicant by following the below given process:
- Visit the official website (oasis.gov.in)
- Click on the Track an application link on the home page
- Enter the required details
- Click on Check Status after entering your complete details
- The status of your application will be displayed on your screen giving you various details
What is the last date to apply for OASIS scholarship?
The applications for OASIS scholarship are invited every year and it usually has a closing date in the last week of February prior to which the applicants need to fill the application form and send their documents for verification
Can OBC students with annual income 2,00,000 apply for OASIS scholarship?
No, the eligibility for OBC students to apply for OASIS scholarship is 1,00,000. Students whose family income is more than this are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Can OBC students apply for pre-matric scholarship?
No, as per the rules mentioned pre-matric scholarship is only for SC/ST students. OBC students can avail the scholarship once they clear their matric.
Can I edit my OASIS scholarship application form?
Once the application form is submitted and locked it cannot be edited. However, if the applicant has not used the lock button they can edit and update the application form.
Can recently migrated students apply for OASIS scholarship?
Only those students who are permanent residents of West Bengal and have a domicile of the state can apply for an OASIS scholarship. The domicile can be obtained from the nearest revenue department and it needs to be attached with other documents.
Can I use OASIS scholarship for my entire education?
Yes, the aim of the scholarship is to support the students in their education. Therefore, if a student is applicable then they will be provided with a scholarship for their entire studies. However, they will need to attain the minimum required marks and get the scholarship renewed every year.
Where will I get my OASIS scholarship reward money?
The reward amount obtained via the OASIS scholarship will be directly transferred to the bank account of the student, linked with the application form. The amount will be transferred by the first week of every month.