Information on National Scholarship Portal Registration and Login Complete Details
The National Scholarship Portal was designed to provide scholarships offered by the Central Government, State Government and other government bodies to the eligible students. The National Scholarship Portal has almost 50 scholarship programs worth hundreds of crores and estimates suggest that a total of Rs. 2400 crore has been provided under the NSP to over 10 lakh applicants.
The NSP was launched under the National e-Governance Plan to offer Smart Mission Oriented Accountable Responsive and Transparent platform to provide scholarship for multiple series. Therefore, the amount for the scholarship will directly be transferred to the account of the beneficiary which was registered on the portal. However, only a limited states have aligned with the NSP till now.
Benefits provided under NSP
The NSP provides students with various features, some of which are listed below:
- Check eligibility for various scholarship schemes offered under the NSP
- Apply for various schemes having to register only once
- Online verification of select applications
- Direct transfer of funds to the linked bank account
- Quick response from the support team and shortened processing time
Schemes covered under NSP
Below we have listed the schemes available under the NSP. Anyone willing to get a scholarship can apply for these by registering themselves on the portal.
- Central Government Schemes
- Ministry of Minority Affairs
- Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
- Ministry of Social Justice
- Ministry of Labour and Employment
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs
- Department of Higher Education
- WARB, Ministry of Home Affairs
- RPF/RPSF, Ministry of Railway
- North Eastern Council (NEC), DoNER
- UGC Schemes
- All schemes of the University Grants Commission under the Ministry of Human Resource Development
- PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for single girl child
- PG scholarship for University Rank Holder of 1st and 2nd rank
- Scholarship for SC, ST PG students pursuing professional courses
- AICTE Schemes
- All schemes announced by All India Council for Technical Education by Ministry of Human Resource Development
- State Schemes
- All schemes announced by respective state government
National Scholarship Portal Registration
To enjoy the benefits of the schemes offered under the NSP one needs to register themselves on the National Scholarship Portal. Below we have described the process to register on the portal. Follow the given steps to register on the portal:
- Go to the official website of NSP (scholarships.gov.in)
- Click on New Registration on the Home Page
- Click on New User Registration
- Go through the listed guidelines and check the checkboxes
- Select Continue
- Fill the application form for the applicable academic year and enter the other details
- Read and check mark the declarations
- Click on Register, you will receive your Student Application ID
The registration on the portal is now complete and upon successful verification of your details you will receive the password for your ID through the mobile number registered on the portal.
What is National Scholarship Portal?
The National Scholarship Portal is a government initiative to provide Online Scholarship for students. It is an Online SMART portal. The scholarship schemes offered by various government agencies are listed on this portal. It acts as a one stop solution for the students willing to apply for various government scholarships.
What are the eligibility criteria for National Scholarship Portal?
The schemes listed on the NSP have differing eligibility criteria. The portal contains schemes offered by various government organizations hence, the eligibility for every scheme is different. The candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria for the scheme they wish to apply for.
How to renew your NSP scholarship?
The NSP offers the students with an option to renew their scholarship. All a student needs to do is login to the portal, view the existing scholarship schemes they have availed and thus select the ones they wish to renew.
How to deposit scholarship amount?
If the registration for NSP is successful with a confirmation code being sent to the registered mobile number. The amount being offered under the scheme will be sent directly to the account of the beneficiary registered on the portal and the status for which can be checked on the portal.
Which states are attached to the NSP?
Till now only the following states are attached with the NSP:
Assam, Chandigarh, Bihar, Uttarakhand, Tripura, Karnataka, Meghalaya, Jammu and Kashmir, Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Himachal Pradesh, Manipur and Arunachal Pradesh.